1. It’s not fair that you come home after a bad day at work and ____your wife and children.
A. take it out on B. take out it on C. take out on D. take on it with
2. She put an extra blanket over the baby for fear that____.
A. he catches cold B. he should catch cold C. he caught cold D. he be catching cold
3. Our teacher recommended that we____as attentive as possible when we visit the museum.
A. are B. shall be C. be D.were
4. You ____business interfering with my affairs.
A. have none B. have no C. have none of the D. have nothing like
5. The new cut in interest rate____promote domestic investment.
A. means to B. directs toward C. is meant to D. leads to
6. Advertising media like direct mail, radio, television and newspapers ____to increase the sales of industrial products.
A.have been used B. will be used C. is being used D. has been used
7. While being questioned on the court, the man denied ____ the old lady’s necklace.
A. having taken B. taking C. to have taken D. to take
8. Dr. Park was accused ____the patient with overdose of sleeping pills so that the patient’s life was terminated before the expected time.
A.of providing B. with providing C. to have provided D. to provide
9. By the end of next month we ____this assignment.
A. will finish B. will be finishingC. will have finished D. have finished
10. We will be losing money this year unless that new economic plan of yours ____miracle.
A.is working B. works C. will be working D. worked
11. It was dark in the cave so she ____a match.
A. struck B. hit C. fired D. burned
12. Mary will not be able to come to the birthday party as she is ____with a cold.
A. laid out B. laid up C. laid by D. laid down