全国2 0 1 3年1月自学考试综合英语(一)试题
1. After he gave a report about the school, Mr Wang _______ the visitors around it.
A. went on to show B. went on showing
C. went on with showing D. kept on showing
2.--What is the model plane look like? --Well, the wings of the plane are ____of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
3. It’s too late to go out now._____, it’s starting to rain.
A. Besides B. Meanwhile
C. However D.Anyhow
4. Old as the car is, ___ it works quite well.
A. and B. yet
C. so D. however
5. “________of them are not here.” means “____of them are not here.”
A. All; Some B. Both; Every
C. Both; Neither D. All; Both
6. The college entrance examination is coming; the students are ____ it.
A. preparing B. prepared for
C. prepared D. preparing for
7. While ____ in the room, we were all very excited.
A. waited B. waiting
C. to wait D. wait
8. -- “Are you _______from America?” -- “No, neither of us.”
A. each B. both
C. all D. neither
9. She asked ______ we were getting on well with our work.
A. how B. if
C. what D. that
10.As ____ matter of fact, there was ____ exploration in _____ last house I visited.
A. a, an, the B. the, an, a
C. a, the, the D. the, a, a
11. -- The boy is tall enough ___ his age. --Yes, I was much _____ when I was his age.
A. to; shorter B. at; taller
C. at; shorter D. for; shorter
12. The food tastes _____ and sells _____.
A. well; well B. good; good
C. good; well D. well; good
13. Jack is a good friend ______; he often comes to our home for a visit.
A. of my father B. of my father’s
C. for my father D. with my father
14. Why not trust and use David? He is still as strong as_____ in the team.
A. somebody else B. everybody else
C. anybody else D. nobody else
15.In our country every boy and every girl ____ the right to education.
A. has B. have
C. is D. are
16.The boy said he wouldn’teat _____.
A. any longer B. no longer
C. any more D. no more
17.My sister is very keen _____ art.
A. at B. on
C. in D. for
18. It hasn’trained for a month. The garden needs ____.
A. water B. to water
C. to be watering D. watering
19.He’s been _____a new project which has to be finished by the end of next year.
A. working out B. working on
C. figuring out D. making out
20. Nobody should be deprived _____ the right to education.
A. from B. of
C. away D. off