I. GRAMMARAND VOCABULARY
Complete each of the following 15 sentences with the most likely answer. Write the letter corresponding to your choice on the answer sheet. (1 point each, 15 points in all)
1. I was shocked by the number of people who seemed to have nothing better to do with their time than ______ to know fish better.
2. Not all birds can fly , ______ do all birds build nests.
3. When you fall in love for the first time, it’s surprising ______ inconveniences you can put up with.
4. I know my limitations, so I won’t do anything ______ my ability.
5. The hosts apologized for ______ that some of their guests might be vegetarians.
A. having not considered
B. not having considered
C. having not been considering
D. not considering6. Mrs. Smith locked both the front and the back doors before she went to bed ______ that someone might steal into the house at night.
B. for fear
D. on condition
7. We have to wait for the bus, ______?
A. have we
B. haven’t we
C. do we
D. don’t we
8. ______ the popularity of robots in Japan, the country’s robot-production growth is slowing down.
9. The proposal deserves support as it gives ______ to the needs of children.
10. Those familiar with evening dress will always ______ black with elegance.