为了帮助广大考生系统的复习2012翻译资格考试,更好的掌握翻译资格考试教材的重点内容,小编特编辑了翻译资格考试培训的重点辅导资料和模拟试题,希望对您此次参加考试有所帮助!
Two Poems from an Ashram in India
来自印度道场的两首诗
First
第一首
All this talk of nectar and bliss is starting to piss me off.
这些甘露天堂的言谈开始令我倒胃,
I don't know about you, my friend,
朋友,我不知你的情况,
but my path to God ain't no sweet waft of incense.
但通往神的道路对我而言可不芳香,
It's a cat set loose in a pigeon pen,
仿佛把猫放入鸽笼,
and I'm the cat—
我是那猫——
but also them who yell like hell when they get pinned.
也是被钉住而大吼大叫的那些人。
My path to God is a worker's uprising,
通往神的道路对我而言是劳工暴动,
won't be peace till they unionize.
除非组成工会,否则不得平静。
Their picket is so fearsome the National Guard won't go near them.
这些示威者如此令人生畏,国民警卫队不敢靠前。
My path was beaten unconscious before me,
我的前方道路久经践踏、失去知觉,
by a small brown man I never got to see,
是我未能见到的小棕人所为,
who chased God through India, shin-deep in mud,
他追赶神穿越印度,泥巴及胫,
barefoot and famined, malarial blood,
赤脚,缺粮,疟疾缠身,
sleeping in doorways, under bridges—a hobo.
睡在门口、桥下——一个游民。
(Which is short for "homeward bound," you know)
(可知,这是前往返乡途中的简称)
And he now chases me, saying: "Got it yet, Liz?
如今他追赶我,说:小莉,懂了没?
What HOMEWARD means? What BOUND really is?"
‘返乡’是何意?何谓‘前往’的真实意义?
Second
第二首
However.
不过,
If they'd let me wear pants made out of the fresh-mown grass from this place,
倘若要我穿上此地新割之草编成的长裤,
I'd do it.
我会这么做。
If they'd let me make out
倘若要我
with every single Eucalyptus tree in Ganesh's Grove,
和象头神之林的每一株桉树热烈拥吻,
I've sweated out dew these days,
我发誓,我会做。
I swear, I'd do it.
近来我拭去汗珠,
worked out the dregs,
甩去渣滓,
rubbed my chin on tree bark,
下巴揉搓树皮,
mistaking it for my master's leg.
误以为是明师的腿。
I can't get far enough in.
我进入得不够深远。
If they'd let me eat the soil of this place
倘若要我吃下此地的泥土
served on a bed of birds'nests, I'd finish only half my plate,
放在鸟巢中端上来,我会只吃半盘,
Then sleep all night on the rest.
而后整晚睡在剩下的半盘上。Eat, Pray, Love
相关推荐:
更多关注:翻译资格考试模拟试题 考试用书 2012上海翻译资格考试口译真题及答案汇总
(责任编辑:中大编辑)